Q. How do I make a digital scan using the scanners in the library?
The KIC scanners (walk-up scanners) are located on all three floors of the library.
The Main Floor scanner is located near the Periodicals area, the Upper Level scanner is located upstairs in the copy/print area, and the Lower level scanner is located in the Special Collections Suite.
Scanned images can be emailed or saved to a flash drive.
- Place your document on the scanner bed
- Select “Scan” on the screen
- Select “Accept” after reading the Copyright Notice
- Select “Modify Image(s)” if you would like to make any changes to your scan
- Select “Delete” to delete a scan
- Select “Scan” again to scan other pages
- When you are done scanning, select “Send PDF via email or Insert USB Drive”
- All of your scans will be saved to one PDF.
- When you are done with the scanner, select “End Session” then select “Yes” when asked to delete scans